Thank you for your interest in sharing your work with us! Before you submit a script to us, we suggest you familiarize yourself with North Coast Repertory Theatre. Come and see the plays we produce and look at the archive of recent productions. This should give you a better feel for what we are looking for. A reminder that plays must have no more than 8 characters and we are not currently considering one act plays..
We also have a New Works Reading Series. Please indicate in your submissions if you’d be interested in having your work considered as part of this series.
What you can expect when you submit: Because of the volume of submissions we receive, we can only respond to work that we feel is in line with our theater’s specific mission and artistic values. We appreciate your patience as we read every submission, and give each one ample attention. If we’d like to request a full copy of your play, you will hear from us within four months. If you don’t hear from us within four months, please know that we considered your work with great care.
What to submit:
• Why do you want North Coast Repertory, in particular, to engage with your work? What is it about our theater that would make it a good home for your play? (max. 100 words)
• A brief synopsis of your play. (200-word maximum)
• Writing sample of your new play:
– PLAYWRIGHTS – Please upload a title page, a full cast list that includes each character’s name, age, and brief description, and ten consecutive pages, in PDF, from the full play you’d like to submit. Title pages and cast breakdowns don’t count towards the page count.
– COMPOSERS AND LIBRETTISTS – Please upload a title page, a full cast list that includes each character’s name, age, and brief description, and up to three musical tracks (rough demos welcome!) and accompanying lyrics, in PDF. Please also upload surrounding dialogue for ONE of those tracks (up to ten consecutive pages, in PDF). Title pages and cast breakdowns don’t count towards the page count.